PRI?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 07:23 AM
Default PRI?

hello everyone i have a 1985 suzuki gs450L i was wondering which direction is OFF on the gas ****...one was says PRI (to the right), the other says on (down) and Res (left) i do know On is on and Res is Reserve but...Pri? i left the **** on PRI it still runs...i don't know what to do...oh and another thing...fusebox? any clues on where that thing is?

****DOES MY SEAT OPEN OR MOVE???I DON'T HAVE A CLUE ON HOW TO GET IT OPEN OR UP???

Old 09-29-2008, 12:40 AM
Default RE: PRI?

Hi,

Check out this link:

http://members.dslextreme.com/users/...locations.html

The petcock on your bike is vacuum actuated. There is no "OFF" position. If the engine is not turning, there is no vacuum applied to the diaphragm in the petcock so no gas will flow, even if the petcock is in the "ON" position. The same is true for the "RES" (Reserve) position. The "PRI" (Prime) position allows the petcock to operate on gravity feed, without the motor running. This is used temporarily to fill the carb bowls if they are empty. Do not leave the petcock in the PRI position for long. On these old bikes the gas will leak past the carbs, through the cylinder, and into the crankcase. You do not want to dilute your oil with gas. That would be a bad thing.

I think you have only one main fuse on your bike, not a fuse box. Look under the left side cover. As for your seat (I'm guessing here), do you have a key hole on the tail section? I think you unlock, pull back a little, then lift off.

For more information, please visit my website (link in sig).

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff