Engine won't start/jumps when idling

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 12:35 PM
Default Engine won't start/jumps when idling

I have a 2007 Suzuki XL-7 AWD and I’ve owned it for about 6 months. For about a week now, the vehicle begins to jump and knock whenever we are stopped at a red light, or any other instance where the gear is in DRIVE but the brakes are applied. This problem doesn’t exist while the car is moving or when it is in PARK. It’s gotten worse over the course of the week and then this morning, we weren’t able to even start the engine. It did turn over, but would not start. We even tried jumping it off with cables to no avail. Any thoughts, questions, comments, etc. would be very helpful. Thank you!
John

Old 11-28-2012, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Jwalabb
I have a 2007 Suzuki XL-7 AWD and I’ve owned it for about 6 months. For about a week now, the vehicle begins to jump and knock whenever we are stopped at a red light, or any other instance where the gear is in DRIVE but the brakes are applied. This problem doesn’t exist while the car is moving or when it is in PARK. It’s gotten worse over the course of the week and then this morning, we weren’t able to even start the engine. It did turn over, but would not start. We even tried jumping it off with cables to no avail. Any thoughts, questions, comments, etc. would be very helpful. Thank you!
John

Hello Friend
Good Day!
This is DanaeTang,we supply all kinds of Car Diagnostic Tools,are you interested to know more ?
My Email : danae@autoltech.com

Old 11-28-2012, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Jwalabb
John

Hello John
Good Day!
This is link for SUZUKI Car,please check it : http://www.autoltech.com/sitecn/sycp/105.html
My Email : danae@autoltech.com

Old 11-29-2012, 07:22 AM

The issue which is mentioned above is very common and almost everybody experiences with this. So try to check spark plug connection first. If you can not solve this problem, go for car service center.