Bad rear end noise

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 07:11 PM
Default Bad rear end noise

helllo everyone,
i recently bought a bike 06 Vl800 C/T knowing it had a problem either with the clutch or the transmission. knowing i may have to crack the case, i took a chance
i received the bike without any engine oil nor in the rear end. so i figured to start troubleshooting i would add oil and start it up and see what was going on.
i noticed the clutch was very weak so this got me thinking about what could of caused this problem so i went ahead and readjusted it. then finally started the bike and put it in the gear.
slowly letting the clutch go i can faintly feel the bike move. but then a grinding noise erupted from the rear end.

i was told that the man who owned it was gearing down and never pulled in the clutch and heard a snap.
does anyone have any idea just to maybe steer me in the right direction?
thanks

Old 03-26-2022, 06:16 PM
Default Reply

Originally Posted by shortsleeve
helllo everyone,
i recently bought a bike 06 Vl800 C/T knowing it had a problem either with the clutch or the transmission. knowing i may have to crack the case, i took a chance
i received the bike without any engine oil nor in the rear end. so i figured to start troubleshooting i would add oil and start it up and see what was going on.
i noticed the clutch was very weak so this got me thinking about what could of caused this problem so i went ahead and readjusted it. then finally started the bike and put it in the gear.
slowly letting the clutch go i can faintly feel the bike move. but then a grinding noise erupted from the rear end.

i was told that the man who owned it was gearing down and never pulled in the clutch and heard a snap.
does anyone have any idea just to maybe steer me in the right direction?
thanks

I have In 06 Suzuki Boulevard C50 and the exact same thing happen to me. Save your time and money and go ahead and crack the case. The grinding noise happens just as it's about to go but doesn't. I've replaced the clutch to the final drive and nothing fixed it. I have yet to Crack the case on mine, I've never done it before, but I have had it all the way down to the frame. So any tips would be appreciated.