Bad rear end noise

Old 09-20-2018, 07:11 PM
Default Bad rear end noise

helllo everyone,
i recently bought a bike 06 Vl800 C/T knowing it had a problem either with the clutch or the transmission. knowing i may have to crack the case, i took a chance
i received the bike without any engine oil nor in the rear end. so i figured to start troubleshooting i would add oil and start it up and see what was going on.
i noticed the clutch was very weak so this got me thinking about what could of caused this problem so i went ahead and readjusted it. then finally started the bike and put it in the gear.
slowly letting the clutch go i can faintly feel the bike move. but then a grinding noise erupted from the rear end.

i was told that the man who owned it was gearing down and never pulled in the clutch and heard a snap.
does anyone have any idea just to maybe steer me in the right direction?
thanks