C50 Stalling out while in traffic or coming to lights.

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2022, 11:25 AM
Default C50 Stalling out while in traffic or coming to lights.

Hello all, so I have the dreaded issue that I have heard and read a lot about on multiple forums. Bike runs great for 1st 20 minutes then starts stalling out while in traffic or coming to lights. Starts back up immediately but you have to give it a bit of gas then runs fine and then starts acting up. Had the work done at local shop and they let the bike run for 45 minutes in 92 degree weather and ran fine. drove it home and it started acting up "Stalling out while in traffic or coming to lights". Called the shop and let them know whats going on, they said to bring it back in as it must be something else. Let it run in my driveway for over an hour and the only thing I noticed is sometimes it will idle high and then go back down to normal maybe once or twice in the hour. otherwise purred like a kitten.
Now the fan does come on when it is supposed to while riding and at idle so I do not think it is overheating, however she does run hotter than most bikes I have ever owned. My 1st Suzuki cruiser and I am thinking it maybe my last if i can not get it figured out.
I ordered a set of coils as some say it solved the issue but I do not think its a fire issue, leaning more towards fuel (pump is pumping good).

2007 C50 27,000 miles
New Plugs
New Oil
New Coolant flushed
New Clutch
New Fuel Pressure Regulator
New Injectors
New Fuel Filter
Tank drained and cleaned
Valves just done, small tick but much better than it was

Any thoughts...