C90/C90T Battery

Old 08-30-2016, 06:59 AM
Cool C90/C90T Battery

I'm new to this group...just bought a 2006 Suzuki C90 (guy says its a C90T, but the bike only indicates C90 on its side...not sure how to distinguish the C90 from the C90T for the 2006) with about 2000 miles on it. The guy I got it from didn't use it much (obviously) but seemed to keep it up (starting it, changing the oil yearly, etc.). From what I understand, he kept it on a trickle charger most of the time in between. I had the bike for a week, it's been great to drive it around but just last night it left me stranded. I pulled up to my gym and as I stopped and put it into neutral it stalled out. No lights, no sign of power, etc. I went into the gym...figured I'd give it some time to cool down and maybe let the battery recover a little. About 2 hours later I tried it again...no lights or nothing. A couple people at gym tried to give me a push and pop the clutch...no good, although at one time the lights came on for a second and then no sign of power. I assume with it sitting on a trickle charge for a long time, I probably need to replace the battery.

Any recommendations for a battery? I assume I should get the highest capacity battery that I can put on this bike.

I read a little bit about the Stator issues with these bikes. Hence, once I replace the battery I'll probably bring it to a shop to get the electrical fully checked out. Any thoughts or recommendations about that are also appreciated.

Old 09-05-2016, 12:03 AM

First off welcome,new member myself doesn't seem like anyone bothers to respond to post plenty people read but offer response. I'm not a mechanic but normally a bad battery does not make the bike stall of course I could be wrong. c90T is the touring edition which is windshield,and saddle bags,back rest stock for that model - I think that is the only difference. Like I said I'm no expert , or mechanic. As far as the battery replacement I would go with one that is recommended normally there is a chart to go by - make and model or motor. Any cycle shop should steer you in the right direction - an over sized battery should not be needed - my opinion only. Hope this helps good luck.

Old 09-05-2016, 12:17 AM

After thinking a bit these bikes have electronic fuel pump I guess a bad battery could cause the bike to stall - best to consult a mechanic maybe if problem is not fixed after battery replacement.

Old 04-06-2017, 11:59 AM

you should buy the original FTZ16-BS-1 because it have 18A/H the other replacemnent are 14 amps/hour gives hard time to bike... it is like 10$ more than replacement

replacemnent are YTX16-BS-1 fit's but not very good to low amp/h

Old 04-07-2017, 10:28 AM

I had a hard time finding an 18ah battery. Seems like even the $100+ batteries I found were only 14ah. It's hard to pay > $100 for a battery with 18ah when you can get a 14ah for half the price. I bought one for $50 with 14ah and 220cca (cold cranking amps, which is what you're most interested in) ah = amp hours and is how many hours the battery will provide power to a 1amp draw.