2010 m50 exhaust help

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Redback
No probs. I agree it was a challenge finding out any info. The whole "aftermarket" industry seems to live in the USA and because they don't have this model and don't have O2 sensors it becomes very difficult to get information. Just be careful that your new pipes come fitted with O2 sensor ports if you are only changing the pipes and not adding a fuel processor module (which will negate there use anyway from what I can find so far). The pipes I got seemed to be one of the only that come with the o2 sensor ports already welded. I also bought the GMan Industries "Stealth Intake w/Custom K&N Air Filter" but have not fitted it yet until I figure out the best fuel processor otherwise ny bike will run way to lean with all that extra air.
Enjoy your new pipes and let me know what you get.
Redback,

Ok so I found the pipes I want. But since they are the 09's they dont have the o2 sensor ports. ( Hard-Krome 3" big shots) there awesome!
Did your pipes already have them welded on? or did you get them done?

Did you know that the 2010 C50's dont have the o2 sensors? At least not on the pipes.

Old 04-27-2011, 05:29 PM
Default o2 sensor ports enquirey

Originally Posted by Redback
For those interested I have posted some youtube clips under user name foc17dg

"2010 Suzuki Boulevard M50 with Vance & Hines Twin Slash Staggererds"
att Redback
you quoted these pipes which sound awesome by the way. Was wondering about the sensor ports, are they already done and it's just a matter of unbolting old pipes and bolting new ones in or is there any other things needed, don't want to go to troubles of remapping and all the guffo , would just like to make louder and also the quieter baffles , what do they cost

cheers Touche

Last edited by M50Touche; 04-27-2011 at 05:43 PM.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by mapleman286
Redback,

Ok so I found the pipes I want. But since they are the 09's they dont have the o2 sensor ports. ( Hard-Krome 3" big shots) there awesome!
Did your pipes already have them welded on? or did you get them done?

Did you know that the 2010 C50's dont have the o2 sensors? At least not on the pipes.
Hi Mapleman286,
you have discovered the issue. Because all these aftermarket pipes are made in America and they do not have the o2 sensors most do not come with the sensor ports welded in. My Vance and Hines pipes was one model that did have the o2 sensor ports factory fitted so all I did was screw in my O2 sensors into them. No hassle. If you buy pipes without the o2 sensor ports you will have to get them Tig welded in locally. I did not want that hassle. Also the ports are 12mm and not the universal 18mm ports you see on most ebay sites. There is a 12mm sensor port kit around somewhere becasue I found it but cannot remember where.

Cheers
Redback

Old 04-28-2011, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by M50Touche
att Redback
you quoted these pipes which sound awesome by the way. Was wondering about the sensor ports, are they already done and it's just a matter of unbolting old pipes and bolting new ones in or is there any other things needed, don't want to go to troubles of remapping and all the guffo , would just like to make louder and also the quieter baffles , what do they cost

cheers Touche
Hi M50Touche,
thanks for the feeedback on the pipes. I am loving them. The build quality of the V & H pipes is excellent too. The model I bought came with the o2 sensor ports factory fitted so all I did was screw in my sensors.
At the moment I am running completley stock except the pipes. I get the occasional pop on deceleration due to a bit of excess fuel in the pipe but the sensors are doing a pretty could job of balancing everything out. The bike runs way smoother and the fuel ecomomy has improved noticably for me. I use to find throttle response jerky with the standard pipes but that has all gone away. I have bought a performance K&N airfilter but have not fitted it yet as I will have to get a fuel processor module otherwise the engine will get way to much air and run lean and hot. My trouble is none of the aftermarket stuff allow for dual o2 sensor ports because its all USA and they don't have the ports on their bikes. Power Commander V is probably where I am headed but will buy locally so I can get the bike dynoed and get some after sales service. I will have to disconnect the o2 sensors at the ECU as the bike won't need them anymore once the PCV is properly tuned & dynoed. I just need to save up!!!
The optional baffles were USD$27 each and A$81 delivered to Australia. My bike mates reacon the standard baffles are fine but around the suburbs I find them just a bit loud.

Cheers
Redback

Old 05-06-2011, 02:20 PM

Top brands I would recommend going to see Vance and Hines or Cobra. Everyone has a little bit different voices, where are all the bikes are usually several different exhaust system. Personally, I'm looking at all the black M50 motorway where the dealer just inches

Old 05-09-2011, 08:23 AM
Default Quieter baffles

Put in the optional quiet baffles tonight. I will post youtube on the weekend if I get a chance. Slighlty deeper exhaust note. Still loud under heavy acceleration but definitely quieter when cruising which is way nicer for my passenger. I will ride around for a couple of weeks to see if I like the change. Once I have decided on the exhaust setup I will install the performance K&N airfilter and get the bike dynoed with a power comander V fuel module. Really looking forward to that.

Redback

Old 05-11-2011, 07:15 AM

Gentlemen,

So I got my new pipes installed over the weekend. LOVE em!
I went with the Hard Krome 3" straights. They are long, loud and look awesome.
Now as we know the newer M50's have the o2 bungs. So I had a muffler shop weld them in for me. Didnt cost much as its a quick little job the weld up. No fuel processor is needed. Just as Redback said I get the occasional pop on deceleration but thats it.
It feels nice to ride a bike that actually sounds like a bike.
I will post a pic soon.

Mapleman,

Old 05-11-2011, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by mapleman286
Gentlemen,

So I got my new pipes installed over the weekend. LOVE em!
I went with the Hard Krome 3" straights. They are long, loud and look awesome.
Now as we know the newer M50's have the o2 bungs. So I had a muffler shop weld them in for me. Didnt cost much as its a quick little job the weld up. No fuel processor is needed. Just as Redback said I get the occasional pop on deceleration but thats it.
It feels nice to ride a bike that actually sounds like a bike.
I will post a pic soon.

Mapleman,
Mapleman, good news and looking forward to seeing the pics. Any chance of a youtube to hear them?

Cheers
Redback

Last edited by Redback; 05-11-2011 at 11:40 PM.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:29 PM
Default Backfiring

Hi,
I have also just installed the Vance & Hines Twin Slash Staggered on my 2011 M50, it fitted perfectly and sounds awesome! However, I am getting backfiring on decelleration...any ideas on rectifying? As I''m in Aus mine has the O2 sensors which I removed from stock exhaust & the fitted straight into new pipes so the computer should be mixing the O2 & fuel correctly shouldn't it?
Amanda.

Old 01-08-2012, 12:17 AM
Default Backfire

Originally Posted by amandatom
Hi,
I have also just installed the Vance & Hines Twin Slash Staggered on my 2011 M50, it fitted perfectly and sounds awesome! However, I am getting backfiring on decelleration...any ideas on rectifying? As I''m in Aus mine has the O2 sensors which I removed from stock exhaust & the fitted straight into new pipes so the computer should be mixing the O2 & fuel correctly shouldn't it?
Amanda.
Hi Amanda, with the performance pipes it does change the airflow through the engine and the o2 sensors only have limited range for adjustment. I did get some backfire on hard decel but since then have added a performance air cleaner and a HealTech FI fuel controller. The FI controller has allowed me to adjust the fuel mixture to a richer mix and has eliminated 99.9% of any backfire. If I wanted it 100% I could pay to have the bike dyno tuned and a custom fuel map made but I am not bothering. I am using the fuel map HealTech supplied. I was also able to do all the changes myself with the DIY instructions. I bought the custom airfilter from GMan Industries (Stealth Intake M50 2009+). It was a bit expensive but fitted inside the standard airfilter cover so I decided it was worth it. Bike performs really well now. I did end up buying the optional quiet baffles from V&H as I really enjoyed the exhaust note but just a bit loud. It is still loud but takes a couple of decibels off.

Cheers
Redback

Quick Reply: 2010 m50 exhaust help