General Motorcycle Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

1980s GS450L help

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 12:15 PM
Default 1980s GS450L help

Hey I need some help and advice on this one. I found an old 1980s GS450L from a guy who had it behind his house. I asked him about it and he said its been sitting there for awhile under a cover and he wants to get rid of it. He's never had the title for it as it is not in running condition. He has been working on it to try and get it to run but has only gotten it to start and idle for a little bit, however he has not had any time to work on it and it doesnt run anymore. I am looking for a project bike and for what he is selling it for would be a great start. so I'm wondering if anyone can tell me where the VIN# would be located on these old bikes so I can at least see if its stolen, salvage, or otherwise. Also, if it comes back clean, how awful is the process going to be to get a title in my name?
Second question is, he also has another older suzuki but the only markings i can see are TSCC. he said he has the title for this bike but I am unsure of what it even is. Its also a 1980s bike so I was wondering if anyone could shine some light on what it may be. thanks for help on both issues!