General Motorcycle Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Suzuki Bandit GSF600 throttle problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 01:32 PM
Default Suzuki Bandit GSF600 throttle problem

Hi,

Hope someone can help out with this. I just recently returned from a year long stint in Iraq and had left my 2002 Bandit GSF600 with a friend who basically did not start or move it for the whole year. When I returned, I re-charged the battery and cranked her up. Surprisingly enough it didn't take long for the bike to start back up again with a bit of choke. Unfortunately, whenever I try to rev the throttle the RPMs drop and the engine dies as if I cut off the fuel supply. I can't visibly see any leaks or issues and with the choke on full the bike revs up to 6000RPMs and can actually roll out in 1st gear with the clutch half engaged, however as soon as I apply any throttle to the bike it would just fade and die out. I can't really afford to take it into a shop right now for a full overhaul so if there's any suggestions out there I would really appreciate some advice. Thanks all.

JL

Old 05-23-2011, 12:49 AM

Hey even i facing a similar kind of problem where in i am blind unable to get it sorted out i think i will have to take to an automotive shop.

Suzuki HID Kits

Old 06-12-2011, 08:04 AM

Its seems to have some serious problem as u haven't drived it for a long time, so its better to get it to the shop, so that they can check it and solve the problem, also u would got service to ur bike and ur bike will be like new one...hope this would be useful to u....

Old 06-15-2011, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by mss91
Its seems to have some serious problem as u haven't drived it for a long time, so its better to get it to the shop, so that they can check it and solve the problem, also u would got service to ur bike and ur bike will be like new one...hope this would be useful to u....
I am totally agree with mss91, you should have to take your bike to the automotive shop, they will definitely solve your problem, it is the better for your bike.

Old 06-16-2011, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by COMINCH
Hi,

Hope someone can help out with this. I just recently returned from a year long stint in Iraq and had left my 2002 Bandit GSF600 with a friend who basically did not start or move it for the whole year. When I returned, I re-charged the battery and cranked her up. Surprisingly enough it didn't take long for the bike to start back up again with a bit of choke. Unfortunately, whenever I try to rev the throttle the RPMs drop and the engine dies as if I cut off the fuel supply. I can't visibly see any leaks or issues and with the choke on full the bike revs up to 6000RPMs and can actually roll out in 1st gear with the clutch half engaged, however as soon as I apply any throttle to the bike it would just fade and die out. I can't really afford to take it into a shop right now for a full overhaul so if there's any suggestions out there I would really appreciate some advice. Thanks all.

JL
Hey JL -

First off, thank you for your service. My first thought on this would be problems with fuel delivery such as bad gas or dirt in the tank that worked up through the fuel system and gunked up your fuel filter and carbs. Will probably neeed to be flushed. Carbs could need to be rebuilt and synched as well. Other possibilities could be in the intake, like a clogged air filter or something like that or a vacuum leak of some sort from a hardened gasket etc. It does crank, start and apparently idles/revs in nuetral with no load on the engine so that is the good news.

I would start there and work in. At the end of the day it may just need a shop's touch to bring her back to normal. Best of luck!

Regards -

RaptorFA

Old 06-17-2011, 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by jamewatson
I am totally agree with mss91, you should have to take your bike to the automotive shop, they will definitely solve your problem, it is the better for your bike.
Yes, it is a good idea just go to workshop and let the expert mechanic check the motorcycle