i need help choosing an exhaust system...

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 10:14 AM
Default i need help choosing an exhaust system...

i just recently got a 2003 gxsr 750 and i can't decide what exhaust system to put on it. i was looking at the yoshi or d&d... any suggestions?

Old 02-03-2006, 03:32 PM
Default RE: i need help choosing an exhaust system...

D&D are dumb load!! If you want alot of attention from the cops then I would buy it. There's alot of nice pipes for yosh., to my favorite, "Art." I have the pro series 2, great pipe.

Old 02-06-2006, 12:17 AM

Is your bike Blue and white? Are you looking for a full exhaust or just a slip on?

Have you seen the blue to black or the blue to silver Micron cans?

Or the Black / blue weave carbon and kevlar weave Micron cans?

Here is a pic of all the different colors http://www.chromewhore.com/shop/imag...stercolors.jpg

I carry Jardine and Micron at the moment, but those color fade cans from Micron are nice.

I don't have the Suzuki models up on the site yet but I can get you a deal on anything you want.

Take care,
J.T.

Chromewhore.com

Old 06-06-2006, 02:30 AM

I have the full Yosh exhaust, from the heads back to the carbon fiber can. It makes a huge difference, and the can never gets hot. It has a sweet tone and makes enough noise to get noticed if thats what you are looking for. I also added the fuel commander III, dropped a tooth, and lowered the bike by an inch. K&N filter topped it off with steel braided brake lines.

Bill

Old 06-08-2006, 12:46 PM

This might help you, It's a listing of all the pipes tested for exhaust sysem sound and power gains.
http://www.sportrider.com/tech/146_0410_pipe_clips/
I also was having trouble looking for a exhaust system for months. The first set that I got was a yosi then I ended up with a Ti Force full system high mount full Titamium. I recommend you get a full system what every it maybe. Choose a system that would meet your requirements and riding style.

My GSXR 750 I also has a power commander and a smart rev. limiter, one down in the front and up two in the back gears.

------------------------------------
Keep those knees draging....and keep the rubber on the side....

Old 06-22-2006, 07:35 PM

From my expierience I really like the Akrapovic as my first choice and the Yosh as number 2.

The Akrapovic has a great sound and will diliver the most HPs which is why you would buy a full system anyway.

The Yosh systems are very good looking and provide great HP gains too, they are also a lot less expensive.

You will need a PCIII USB if you get a full system and with a custom map you can optimize your system even more which = HPs.

If you want to save $$ you can get a GSXR1k stock exhaust header which are Ti, (weight loss), slip-on and, PCIII with custom map.
The 1k headers are much lighter and bigger.

With the Akrapovic Evolution system, PCIII USB, PCIII, and custom map I got an extra 11HPs. That does not sound like alot but it is.
That was a GSXR1000.

My .02