juttering when rolling on/off gas

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 08:50 PM
Default juttering when rolling on/off gas

Hi, this is my first post on this forum. I bought a 97' gixxer 600 about 2 months ago. Its a nice looking, fast bike. Things I had to adjust or fix on it since i bought it: clutch play, gear selector position, new battery, seals on water pump, adjust idle speed, tightening bolts. Everything seems to run well except for one thing. I can best explain this as a "jutter." This happens when i stay in one gear, say 2nd or 3rd gear (less when in a higher gear) when just cruising through town. When i need to slow down a little i roll of the gas, letting the engine slow itself down, then roll back on the gas to keep it at some constant speed. When i roll back on the gas, a lot of the time the bike will jutter a few times before staying at a constant speed. Even if i roll on the gas slowly it will jutter a few times. Sometimes when rolling off the gas, barely before the engine would stop using gas, it will jutter a little bit, not as much as rolling on the gas tho.

I hope u can understand what is going on, it is hard to explain. I think it could be the clutch, maybe juttering a little when rolling on/off the gas because maybe it is worn. But the clutch engages fine and doesn't slip in any gear w/ open throttle. I just changed the oil w/ a motorcycle specific 10w-40 special blend, meant for 4 cycle engines. Anyone have any input? This is annoying when just cruising in town or city riding.

My bike also has 24k on it, but everything seems to run perfect except this. Over the winter i will check valves and syncronize throttle body and carbs b/c im sure it hasnt been done.

Justin

Old 11-08-2005, 03:43 PM
Administrator
Default RE: juttering when rolling on/off gas

i asked you a question in your other post.

Old 11-10-2005, 11:49 PM

I also replied in your other post..

Old 04-10-2006, 04:34 AM

IF ITS CARBURATED IT PROBABLY HAS A JET KIT OR NEEDS ONE BUT EITHER WAY IT'LL DO THAT CAUSE W/ A JET KIT YOU REGULATING IT IN ONE BAND SO IT'S PROBABLY SET UP FOR THE TOP END, CAUSING THE GIVE TOO MUCH FUEL MAKING IT STUDDER LIKE THAT

Old 10-04-2006, 05:29 PM

Make sure the filter your bike has is not a K&N. I have a '99 GSXR 600 and I put a K&N in and it totally ****ed up the way the bike was running. It was like a hesitation on mid and upper rev when I accelerated. If your bike has a stock filter in, make sure it's clean. If it is dirty, you'll have to buy a new one. Having a clean filter makes a big difference. If that doesn't help, it may need an adjustment or sync. on the carbs, maybe a clean up too. I don't think it's too expensive to get that sorted out if you took it to a shop. Good luck.

Old 12-04-2006, 04:49 PM

I seem to be having that same problem with the juttering except when It's done juttering the engine will just cut off and I have to ride my bike(gs500f) safely to the side of the road. I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with my bike. Any clue?