New Member Area New to SuzukiForum.com? Stop in tell us about you.

blowing smoke/fouling plugs

Old 08-24-2006, 03:10 AM
Default blowing smoke/fouling plugs

what's up all. new one here with some questions. i just purchased a 2004 gsx-r 1000 3 weeks ago. as is. the other day i noticed white smoke coming from my exhaust (yoshimura). after parking bike overnite, the bike started briefly, sputtered, backfired then quit. the bike than would not start at all. the smell seemed more like gas than oil. i looked at the oil reservour window and noticed the bike was slapped full all the way up on the window. i took the bike in and they said the plugs were fouled. they replaced the plugs and claimed acceleleration of throttle while starting could be the culprit. they further said that there wasn't too much oil in the bike and they had no reason to drain some. needless to say, it was clear they drained some by observation. i brought the bike home. everything was fine. i went to work and the same bull**** happened again. well, i'm pissed. what could i do as far as maybe saying i want to give the bike back? i paid $112.00 for plugs and labor. aren't they responsible for checking all fluids before the bike hits the showroom? should they warranty their previous repair? should i have paid at all? the only new symptom i've noticed aside that the bike still runs is fire in the exhaust tip. it would be really cool if someone could help me. i'm not a mechanic and i'm not a lawyer. what can i do? thanks. billy (by the way, when i recieved the bike, the bike is the ****, i couldn't be more impressed). oh yeah, bike has 4000miles.