New Member Area New to SuzukiForum.com? Stop in tell us about you.

Greetings from Auckland New Zealand!

Old 07-20-2011, 02:28 AM
Default Greetings from Auckland New Zealand!

I've been a long time Suzuki owner, beginning with a 1973 T500 back in 1975, and most recently with my beloved C50T which I bought new in 2007. I have, now, just become a first time Suzuki car owner having purchased a new Suzuki Kizashi Ltd. to replace our aging Nissan Pulsar SLX which we'd also bought new in 1999.

As much as we loved our faithful Nissan, I had to upgrade due to breaking my back in a car accident last year resulting in major spinal surgery last September. Unfortunately it meant I needed a car with a higher seating position, and after a long 6 week research which was very interesting and a lot of fun, I got a great deal on a new Kizashi! In short, we stole the dealer manager's car off him for $3k under list with only 1500 miles on it and $500 worth of window tints! It is the only Prussian Blue model in NZ and you can't get it in this colour over here! It's fully loaded with everything you can think of and some you wouldn't. I'm getting used to the CVT transmission and actually like it, now.

Very sadly, I am now forced to sell my bike as I have been forbidden by all, Doc, surgeon, physiotherapist, wife... to ever ride again. I can't jump, jog, run, ride a motorcycle, lift much, do the vacuuming, mop the floors...

However, I am alive, I can stand and walk and I can grizzle and moan about what I can't do, so I am very grateful for what I do have. A wonderful wife and three great children, and one, (soon to be 2), grandhild! Life is good! Certainly everyone, value your family, tell them each day how precious they are to you, you may not be here tomorrow!

I look forward to exploring this site and chewing the fat with you all!

Regards, Ed.