New Member Area New to SuzukiForum.com? Stop in tell us about you.

Hello all from biker baz

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 11:43 AM
Default Hello all from biker baz

Hi all, im alex from Glasgow - scotland

I currently ride a honda h100 2 stroke, and im about to sit my DAS in the next few months before they make it harder and more expensive.

I'm a freelance sound engineer, who works in king tuts wah wah hut in glasgow and also other places taking out PA systems etc.

Have just picked up a 1978 gs550e that i bought for a bargain of 210 inlcuding delivery to my garage from the 16th anual haggis bash i went to a few months back at lanark agricultural centre. Currently working on the bike to get it up to scratch.

So far it needs to brakes serviced (rear piston needs free'd) new pads and fluid. Needs a wiring loom as previous owner has made a mess trying to rewire it. Also fork seals and oil.

It was running but now it wont start. When i got it the newtronic ignition wasnt hooked up right so no spark, sorted that and eventually got it started, but it would bog down when blipping the throttle and the rev's would climb drasticaly and couldnt get it to idle right, adjust it down some and then they would fall from 3000 and die, then adjust it up slightly and climb again to 3000. Stipped carbs cleaned and back on, same problem again. Discovered that the vacum pipe for tank wasnt connected, but now it wont start.

Changed the plugs and now get the healthiest spark u have ever seen, but still wont start. After serveral minutes of trying to start it, take the plugs out and they seem pretty dry, so im guessing that its not getting enough fuel somehow.

So i think they carbs may have to come of again.