Brake Warning Light keeps coming on!!

Old 11-27-2006, 01:23 AM
Default Brake Warning Light keeps coming on!!

Hi

I'm new at this and a new owner of an '03 Suzuki Aerio Sedan. I purchased my care about 3 months ago and over the last month, the little red brake warning light has been coming on more frequently (the light that looks like an exclamation mark in brackets). But it seems to only come on when I'm turning corners. I read the manual and it says that I should check my brake fluid. HERE'S THE PROBLEM....Where the heck to I find it?????? There's no pictures in the manual to tell me where to find the reservoir or anything. I'd like to the this figured out soon as winter up her can be a b*tch.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Old 11-28-2006, 01:04 AM
Default RE: Brake Warning Light keeps coming on!!

It's usually a little white or translucent tank mounted on top of the master cylinder. If you have a manual transmission, there will be two similar reservoirs fairly close together unless they share a common reservoir. Topping it off isn't the end of the matter. You have to find out where it went. If it is normal attrition due to brake wear, no big deal. Top it off and let it go. But be sure to check it often. If it continues to go down, you may have a leak somewhere.

Old 02-21-2007, 08:58 PM

Thanks DrDaveMac for your assistance. You were right about it being low (well almost empty) I still don't know where it all went but I'm thinking it hasn't been touch or topped up since it was originally purchased back in 2003, (by someone else). Sorry it took me so long to say thank you - been away! Your help was greatly appreciated.

Old 02-22-2007, 12:52 AM

No problem! Make sure it isn't leaking, or you can end up dead.

Another thing I have found helpful on my oher cars is to bleed the system every 3 years until new, clear fluid runs out all four wheels. That may not seem important, but I learned the hard way. . .after the system became corroded and putting new pads on caused fluid to back up through the proportioning valve, taking rust and corrosion with it. Ended up replacing calipers, valve, master cylinder, and a couple of rotors before it was over. Much more costly than a couple of can of brake fluid every three years.

Old 02-22-2007, 12:56 AM

That's a great idea I'll keep in mind! Thanks again.

Old 07-11-2007, 10:21 PM

reservoir is right in front of steering wheel . i had the same exact problem i put in maybe a shot glass of fluid and gone. amazing