Forenza Problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 10:37 PM
Default Forenza Problems

Hi I purchased my 05 FOrenza in April, I have had it back to the dealership three times for squeaky brakes, the paint fell off the passenger rear door molding, and now I was going about 60 the other day and a big blue puff of smoke came from under the car somewhere and now seems to be missing a bit. Anyone else having any problems? Called the dealership once again to vent my frustrations and all he could tell me was that that is why they have warranty and that I needed to bring it in again.

Old 11-02-2005, 06:08 PM
Administrator
Default RE: Forenza Problems

when youre there, ask for a corporate number. call that, and tell them what has been going on.

Old 01-02-2006, 08:44 PM

have a 2005 Forenza 6 months now alternator bad and battery when bad they say it was the car audio system installed but is has been disconneted for a while, anyone else having this problem

Old 04-21-2006, 01:55 PM

i have had my forenza for almost a year now. it runs like a champ! no probs here. at least not yet.

Old 05-01-2006, 07:10 PM

We've had our 2005 Forenza for 7 months and it only has 6,000 miles. This afternoon, something went wrong and the check engine light came on. Can only be put in Neutral or Reverse at this point. Having it towed to Diehl Suzuki. Don't know the problem yet but hoping that we can get it fixed quickly but really angry and worried that a problem like this would crop up so soon. Makes me question our decision to buy Suzuki.

Old 05-05-2006, 01:03 AM

ORIGINAL: Long4503

We've had our 2005 Forenza for 7 months and it only has 6,000 miles. This afternoon, something went wrong and the check engine light came on. Can only be put in Neutral or Reverse at this point. Having it towed to Diehl Suzuki. Don't know the problem yet but hoping that we can get it fixed quickly but really angry and worried that a problem like this would crop up so soon. Makes me question our decision to buy Suzuki.
It may be a fail-safe to keep the problem from damaging engine or transmission components. Please let us know the outcome of this event.

Regards,

Dave

Old 05-16-2006, 01:08 PM

Suzuki is a good brand. The Forenza is a sweet car for the price. Remember, that is why you have warranty. No car dealer/manufacturer will guarantee that the car will never go wrong in any way. So some of you got faulty cars, I'm sure there are lots more people who don't post here that are very happy with their cars.

Old 05-18-2006, 03:09 AM

well, i have been an auto tech for 15 years. i send my wife to buy her a car. she buys her car. that was two weeks ago. now two breakdown/tow-in's later we really appreciate what we have bought. i assumed the car was a jap car, generally good and indestructable (ie, honda, toyota, ect), well i raise the hood and much to my horror and disbelief, there is a decal center of the underside of the hood, and there it is.....GMDAT!!!!!! ( GM DAEWOO AUTOMOTIVE TECHNOLOGY)
i'm glad it's got a 100,000 mile warranty, i'm gonna need it. we sure have used the hell out of it just in two weeks. the up side is the rentals they provide (which we have been in more than our brand new, zero mile forenza) are dependable nice cars, they have not left us sitting yet.

now for the great people that sell these fantastic cars. if you are in or near the carolinas, stay far away from suzuki cars of rock hill, sc. it's owned by byron hager (also owns hager cycle world. atv's, motorcycles, ect) the company name is ichiban inc, doing buissiness as suzuki cars of rock hill, and hager cycle world. these people are zero help. very rude, and somewhat of a bunch of thieves. they informed me the value of my forenza, now 600 miles, has suddenly dropped in two weeks by $7000.00 due to a rental car company releasing several hundred rentals into the used car market. i paid 14000, now it's mysteriously worth only seven. what a bunch of theives. first as troublesome as this car has been i doubt any reputable rental agency would even turn their clients out in one, i sold cars for quite some time at a mainstream retailer, and cant believe a new on the scene auto company would allow a dealer of such dubious character even represent their brand name. suzuki if you are listening, it aint going to help you.

Old 05-19-2006, 04:07 PM

I bought my 05' Forenza in June of last year. I have had multiple problems with it. The volume control on my steering wheel messed up everytime i would turn my car right it would go up when i would turn left it would go down. The lumbar in my seat broke. The trans slipped and i got ****ty gas milage. And on Wednesday the steering wheel locked up... i was going 45... hit a curb. my whole front end is shot!!! after i hit the curb the wheel unlocked... and now there is no proof that it locked and my ins. has to pay to fix it... im sorry but i wouldnt reccommend the 05 forenza to my worst enemy! dont get me wrong i love my car but its just been a pain since i drove it home! [&o]

Old 12-22-2006, 03:45 PM

I have had my Forenza for the past one month and it was a brand new 07 which I purchased.
I had a problem with a overcharging Alternator and the fuse has blown out because of that...Just curious to know if this is a commen Problems with Forenza.
I still have to go and get my Alternator replaced form the dealer and it seems like its taking them for ever to receive the ordered part from the company.
I will keep you guys informed ......

Quick Reply: Forenza Problems