Forenza Problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 02:52 PM
Default RE: Forenza Problems

ORIGINAL: bigpunn12575

well, i have been an auto tech for 15 years. i send my wife to buy her a car. she buys her car. that was two weeks ago. now two breakdown/tow-in's later we really appreciate what we have bought. i assumed the car was a jap car, generally good and indestructable (ie, honda, toyota, ect), well i raise the hood and much to my horror and disbelief, there is a decal center of the underside of the hood, and there it is.....GMDAT!!!!!! ( GM DAEWOO AUTOMOTIVE TECHNOLOGY)
i'm glad it's got a 100,000 mile warranty, i'm gonna need it. we sure have used the hell out of it just in two weeks. the up side is the rentals they provide (which we have been in more than our brand new, zero mile forenza) are dependable nice cars, they have not left us sitting yet.

now for the great people that sell these fantastic cars. if you are in or near the carolinas, stay far away from suzuki cars of rock hill, sc. it's owned by byron hager (also owns hager cycle world. atv's, motorcycles, ect) the company name is ichiban inc, doing buissiness as suzuki cars of rock hill, and hager cycle world. these people are zero help. very rude, and somewhat of a bunch of thieves. they informed me the value of my forenza, now 600 miles, has suddenly dropped in two weeks by $7000.00 due to a rental car company releasing several hundred rentals into the used car market. i paid 14000, now it's mysteriously worth only seven. what a bunch of theives. first as troublesome as this car has been i doubt any reputable rental agency would even turn their clients out in one, i sold cars for quite some time at a mainstream retailer, and cant believe a new on the scene auto company would allow a dealer of such dubious character even represent their brand name. suzuki if you are listening, it aint going to help you.
Wanna know who the problem is? It a General Motors. YES, GM! Deawoo has been having problems ever sence chevy started to be their supplers.
Suzukis problem is that their dealers tend to not specalize in Suzuki and tend to not know the car, refuse to do warrenty work, and over all are rude. Even though the dealers are not Suzuki, they are Suzukis face. If you have a problem with the dealer, complain to coperate abpout them. They realy want to know

Old 02-03-2007, 07:17 PM

After buying a forenza and having it not start and stall in the middle of the road before the first payment was made, we went back to the dealership. My daughter had a loaner car more than she had the one she bought. Luckily SC has a Lemon Law. We finally had to hire an attorney and she got all of her money back and attorney fees paid. I have never been so glad to see a car go away in my life. It took four or five months but thanks to the attoney she was finally able to get out of that car and into another one ... not a Suzuki. This one actually starts

Old 02-28-2007, 01:23 AM

Attention! If you haveANY vehicle with an aftermarket stereo system. If at all posible,remove your fuseAND black-tape the power wire on BOTH ends.Take the subs and amp "stuff" out of vehicle and leave at home! I understand some of you may not have this luxury due to a custom fiberglass enclosure. However, any issues with the starting, charging, and/or battery on a warranty claim (Absolutly!!!!!!!) Will NOT be covered! IF it was installed anywhere other than a Suzuki dealorship! (And even in some cases with a dealor install!)Also, if you install an aftermarket cd player in the vehicle, it will (in most cases) void your warrantyon the factory speakers. In nearly all car lines!

I have worked for Suzuki!!However, I have also worked for: Cadillac, Chevy, GMC, Pontiac, Buick, Saab, and Hummer at 1 dealership. And also: Porsche, Bently, Rolls Royce, Ferarri, Lamborghini, Land Rover, Jaguar, Audi, Aston Martin, Lotus, and Spyker at another dealership! This statement is accurate for all of the above vehicle lines, I know for sure, as I had to explain this concern to the customers!!!!

Old 02-28-2007, 01:40 AM

If you own a 2004-2007 Suzuki Forenza, OR Reno, and want any aftermarket product(s), or have any questions, notify me! I will reply, just give me a few days to seeIF I can even track them down for you, there isn't much out there yet!This is not a Honda, the aftermarket is small, but I know some people!A very small aftermarket for Forenza and Reno is begining to emerge. If you are looking for an intake for cheap, go to www.ebay.com (or click the link) and type in Suzuki Forenza or Suzuki Reno depending on what you have. I also have a friend in So-Cal that has a shop and has a cold air intake available to anyone. Its around $230.00 but its nice! (I have one now!)If you areinterested, notify me! I have an 06 Forenza! I know how hard it is to find anything for it! Icustom fabricated my own cold air intake (with a tube bender) before I met the guy in so-cal.

Old 02-28-2007, 02:25 AM

Someone on here asked about the power modules for the Forenza and Reno. So I got on ebay and found one myself. I ordered it to see if it was all a hype, or if there is some truth in it! As you've seen on the ads (if you've seen them) they say "increase horsepower by up to 35Hp! and increase torque in upwards of 30 ft.lbs!" Also increase fuel MPG!And easy install!

Letslay outthe results of my test:
First off, let me explain that the 35+hp/30+tq is a very real gain (ON V8 vehicles!) May be posible on some smaller engines, but not that I have seen!

Realistically you may expect to feel 5-15hp gain and maybe 5-15tq gain and if its an 06 up a quicker throttle response. I own an 06 Forenza with an intake, exhaust, and now this power module. The 06 and up models have throttle by wire as the cable is becoming obsolete! As soon as I pulled out of the garage I immediately noticed a quicker throttle response. As I had noticed a delayedthrottle responsewhen I purchased the car, which issomething Suzuki"can't do anything for!" Now at first I didn't believe I had gotten any gains at all, other than the throttle response. So I disconnected it! Thats when I realized that there was a noticable gain.

With the intake, exhaust, and the power module I would say total I have gained between 35-50hp and 30-45ft.lbs. of tq.My gas mileage has stayed the same! MPG still varies(+ or-) by 20miles a tank. That is also due to my driving habbits, I drive hard!I've been trained by some anonymus persons on a track!

Install/Removal time of this product shouldn't take more than 10 minutes for anyone! I installed it in under two minutes, granted I knew what I was doing. This product may be the easiest performance product to install on a vehicle. Remember to remove it at amytime you have the vehicle serviced as it could void your warranty.Remember to plug the plug back in where you removed it from, as per the instructions state, because it will set a check engine light if its not plugged in properly.

Conclusion: If your thinking about getting it, I would say to do it!

Old 04-24-2007, 08:34 AM
Default NO problems!

I've owned my 05 forenza for almost 2 years and still have yet to see any failure in this car which by the way has around 34,000 miles to it.

Old 05-09-2007, 09:38 PM
Default RE: NO problems!

ight guys im new to this site(new member) im a truck guy. been in a dodge ram 1500. ended up gettin screwed over on it(lemon and found out the hard way) yeah. but parents thought they save me lil trouble and make things easier for me , being im graduating HS and all. so they bought me a brand new 2007 Forenza. clearly way different then a dodge truck but hoping to not have ne probs with my suzuki. i think its pretty nice for the price. and its got lil bit of get up and go . but hoping over the summer to try and deck it out starting off with maybe a neon light kit.

Old 05-13-2007, 11:31 AM

I've had my 06 forenza for close to a year and the problems I've had were that I blew out 3/4 speakers at seperate times andpaint was comming off the driver side door handle. The dealership fixed everything for free though. Im glad that guy left that comment about the aftermarket stereos will mess up the warranties completely b/c i was just thinking about doing that, however now ill pass. The system the car comes with is nice enough to pass on that amps and subs. If those things were in my car they wouldn't give me the speakers for free.

Old 05-16-2007, 11:02 PM

Hey man I worked for the POS company. Had some problems with my previous car so I figured what the hell, I work here i'll get a good deal. WRONG!!!!!!I had 4 different attorneys tell me that I couldn't do anything at this point (3mos),but either make the payments and trade in (which is coming) or have it repo-ed and destroy my credit. Guesswhere I bought it..... SC.... Johnny's to be exact! So keep in mind they don't just shaft the public, they make sure they f#&k everyone.

Old 05-17-2007, 12:15 AM

I just read your post about the stereo systems and warranties. Glad to be helpful! I know some of there tricks as I worked for Suzuki! I take my trunk items out when I have the car serviced and putthem right back in when I get home. I suggest if yourgoing to do this, you have a fuse underhood and in trunk. I recommend having 2 fuses anyway! Just makes it quick to remove and reinstall later. Feel free to ask me any questions!

Quick Reply: Forenza Problems