How to remove the headlight bulbs?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 07:13 PM
Default How to remove the headlight bulbs?

I'm having trouble remove my headlight bulb from the driver side headlight?

Is there a website i can use..that can show me how to remove it? Do i need to remove the battery?

Any Manuel?

Old 01-02-2007, 12:44 AM
Default RE: How to remove the headlight bulbs?

Ok, you probably need to remove the whole thing the first time to see how it works. two bolts and a nut hold it in. All three are 10mm. The two on top are obvious and are on both the Forenza and Reno. The thrird is a nut on the inside ofthe light, closest to the radiator. This one realy does need a deep socket to reach, due to the bolt its on being fairly long. Once all three are off, its a simple matter of lifting the whole asembly out. If you want, you can disconect the wires. Its connected to the lamp by a connector, and will not harm anything if its disconnected so that you can inspect the assembly.
The outside is the low beam, the mid, the highbeam, and the inside is the blinker. On the back is a plastic cap. take off the one that needs to be replaced. Inside, you'll see the bulbs back, the connector for power, and a clip to keep the bulb in place. the clip is hindged and a spring on one side, the other is a simple friction latched.
With alittle bit of common scence and a carfull look at this should provide how to remove the bulb.
Now you'll be able to do it with out removing the whole lamp (unlike me who has to do it each time due to forgetfulness and non-dexterious fingers)