Warranty info

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 03:00 AM
Default Warranty info

Attention! If you haveANY vehicle with an aftermarket stereo system in it, and vehicle is still under warranty. You may if at all posible,want to remove it from vehicle and leave at home! Remove your "power wire inline fusebetween the amp and the battery"AND black-tape the power wire on BOTH ends (by the amp, and by the battery.)Take the subs and amp "stuff" out of vehicle and leave at home! you can leave the wires (blacktaped on ends)where are. If anyone ask, "your system was stolen or you got rid of it months ago!"Someone may see it and WILL blame your issue on the stereo, regardless of the fact thatit was or wasn't the real problem!I understand some of you may not have the luxury to remove the stuff!Due to a custom fit fiberglass enclosure.(Goodluck!) However, any issues with the starting, charging, and/or battery systemson a warranty claim (Absolutly!!!!!!!) Will NOT be covered! IF it was installed anywhere other than a Suzuki dealorship! (And even in some cases -with a dealor install, still won't be covered!)Also, if you install an aftermarket cd player in the vehicle, it will (in most cases!) void your warrantyon the factory speakers.

Any part that is concidered aftermarket can cause you warranty claim issues, often resulting in a void of warranty. Unless the issue is proven not to be with the part(s) installed, or related to it! I recommend that you keep all OEM parts as you may need them again at some point depending on the seriousness of the concern! The dealorship may refuse to work on the vehicle until all "stock" parts are installed correctly!!!!! That means if you didn't keep all of the OEM parts removed, you will most likly have to buy them again; and they are usuallymore expensive than the aftermarket products! With this being stated, an intake (with filter!!) and an exhaust system,USUALLY will not void your warranty as long as it is installed properly!!!!!!

I have worked for Suzuki!!However, I have also worked for: Cadillac, Chevy, GMC, Pontiac, Buick, Saab, and Hummer at 1 dealership. And also: Porsche, Bently, Rolls Royce, Ferarri, Lamborghini, Land Rover, Jaguar, Audi, Aston Martin, Lotus, and Spyker at another dealership! These statements are accurate for all of the above vehicle lines, I know for sure, as I had to explain this concern to the customers!!!!