I hope someone can help

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 04:03 PM
Default I hope someone can help

Hi to everyone,

I'm a new Suzuki owner. I really like my Grand Vitara with one exception. Something is wrong with the exterior mirror on the drivers side. When I look through it----it gives a slightly distorted view of the images I'm looking at. (the street, lines on the street, vehicles, etc.) My husband who test drove the vehicle before purchasing it,doesn't notice it and the guy at the dealership said he noticed a little distortion when he adjusted the mirror while sitting in it while parked. This is more prevelant when the car is in motion but since I'm the primary driver of the vehicle, I notice it all of the time. I can't really fully explain how the images look to me except, if you've ever tried to look at some thing through a pair of prescription eye glasses where the prescription wasn't quite right.

Has any one else experienced this with their Vitara? I've only been able to find one otherperson who has a Grand Vitara who's experienced thisand he described itlike looking at anreflection on a spoon andhe lives in Alaska. The guy at the dealership said that there have been no recalls on exterior side mirrors but I know that there's something wrong with that mirror. I've been driving for years and I've never had a problem with a mirror before. I do wear glasses but I have been wearing them since I was 12 years old and like I said, I've never had a problem with a side mirror before.

If anyone has had this problem before, can you please reply to this e-mail because the guy at the dealership acts like he needs some type of proof that others have experienced this problem before he changes the mirror out.

Thanks for your help.

Old 03-15-2008, 09:32 PM
Default RE: I hope someone can help

Hi, it's me again. I thought, I would have received some type of reply from someone out there by now. I guess no one else has ever experienced this before. If you have or know of anyone else who has. Can you please, please, please send a brief reply to this message. I sure appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Sincerely,

K.

Old 03-16-2008, 02:07 PM

The mirror might be in a little bit of a bind, causing the bracket that holds the glass to twist it slightly. Try parking the vehicle where you can see a reflection of a straight line in the mirror (either vertical or horizontal). A building edge or roofline will suffice. Adjust the mirror to several positions to see if the distortion is worse at any particular point. Take some photos of the mirror showing the distorted reflection and use these to press your case.

Before making a major issue of it, do check to see if the mirror is properly fitted and that there is nothing in the mechanism like a big dead bug or something that is not allowing the mirror to move as it should, which would cause the issue you describe.

Old 03-16-2008, 02:37 PM

DrDave,

Thank you so much for your reply. I will try this. The dealership is going to order a new mirror but I will try this. If it's a bug or something in the mechanism, it would be a easy fix and wouldn't entail changing out the mirror.

Once again, thanks for the reply and the suggestions. They're greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

K.