Someone asked about the Power Modules!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 02:27 AM
Default Someone asked about the Power Modules!

Someone on here asked about the power modules for the Forenza and Reno. So I got on ebay and found one myself. I ordered it to see if it was all a hype, or if there is some truth in it! As you've seen on the ads (if you've seen them) they say "increase horsepower by up to 35Hp! and increase torque in upwards of 30 ft.lbs!" Also increase fuel MPG!And easy install!

Letslay outthe results of my test:
First off, let me explain that the 35+hp/30+tq is a very real gain (ON V8 vehicles!) May be posible on some smaller engines, but not that I have seen!

Realistically you may expect to feel 5-15hp gain and maybe 5-15tq gain and if its an 06 up a quicker throttle response. I own an 06 Forenza with an intake, exhaust, and now this power module. The 06 and up models have throttle by wire as the cable is becoming obsolete! As soon as I pulled out of the garage I immediately noticed a quicker throttle response. As I had noticed a delayedthrottle responsewhen I purchased the car, which issomething Suzuki"can't do anything for!" Now at first I didn't believe I had gotten any gains at all, other than the throttle response. So I disconnected it! Thats when I realized that there was a noticable gain.

With the intake, exhaust, and the power module I would say total I have gained between 35-50hp and 30-45ft.lbs. of tq.My gas mileage has stayed the same! MPG still varies(+ or-) by 20miles a tank. That is also due to my driving habbits, I drive hard!I've been trained by some anonymus persons on a track!

Install/Removal time of this product shouldn't take more than 10 minutes for anyone! I installed it in under two minutes, granted I knew what I was doing. This product may be the easiest performance product to install on a vehicle. Remember to remove it at amytime you have the vehicle serviced as it could void your warranty.Remember to plug the plug back in where you removed it from, as per the instructions state, because it will set a check engine light if its not plugged in properly.

Conclusion: If your thinking about getting it, I would say to do it!