Correct battery charging ?

  #1  
Old 08-23-2009, 01:36 AM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Brisbane, Australia.
Posts: 1
Default Correct battery charging ?

Hello,

Just wondering what is the correct way to charge a C50 battery. I have not used my C50 for about four weeks and although the fuel injection works when you flip the switch all I get is clicking when I try to fire up the bike. Asuming that the battery was flat I purchased a trickle charger from my Suzuki Motorcycle Dealer.

My battery is 12volt and the charger does 6 and 12 volt and is Suzuki Motorcycles branded so I presume it is the correct one.

Upon reading the instructions that came with it, I am now not sure how to connect it. I would have thought...connect positive to positive....negative to negative and turn on the charger.....the instructions say otherwise.

I should point out that I am trying to charge the battery while it is still in the bike rather than mess about taking it out.

The instructions say something about connecting positive to positive and the negative clip to the frame of the bike....that doesn't sound right to me...has anyone got any thoughts or experiences that can steer me in the right direction. Obviously I am not mechanically minded so any help would be appreciated

Thanks
 
  #2  
Old 09-13-2009, 12:06 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2
Default Correct battery charging

I just bought my first electric car with a Ni-MH 1800 mAh battery. Does anybody have some good instructions on the charging how long, can I charge teh battery when they are not fully discharged, how long is the charge going to last etc. for this type of battery ??? THANKS
 
  #3  
Old 09-14-2009, 01:11 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2
Default Correct battery charging

its still so difficult to get the correct packets, because even I do it as fast as I can, there is still so many packets that I get in the WPE, especialy when Im looking for some packet that belong in recv packets category receive packets
 
  #4  
Old 10-10-2009, 10:11 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Metter, GA
Posts: 11
Default

I would follow the instruction that came with the charger. The charge system of the bike like most vehicles does ground to the chasis or frame
 
  #5  
Old 11-07-2009, 07:58 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Oman
Posts: 13
Default Correct battery charging

How to get the correct packets that we looking for??Im tried to search the packet of taking items from ground using WPE pro but until now I never get the correct packets that I want.Are there any tips or tricks for searching the correct packets??
 
  #6  
Old 11-09-2009, 12:21 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 4
Default Correct battery charging

Hello friends, i have one C3000 and would like make one question to you,
how can i "make" charging the battery from the service menu dm┐?
in page 2 there are 2 batt options

5. Low Battery
6.Batt Voltage Adjust
6.1 Battery Voltage Adj
6.2 Battery Voltage Check

and a charge option

10. Charge



how can i force batt charging

thanks in advance
_______________________________________
Website I designed for online payday loans canada company.
 
  #7  
Old 11-10-2009, 11:56 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Oman
Posts: 13
Default Correct battery charging

The best I can tell you is when you are searching for the packet, try to do only that while you are searching. Ex. When you want to try to find packet on buying something, start searching, buy it, check the log.

Do that as fast as you can and that is how you can find the packets you want.
 
  #8  
Old 12-09-2009, 04:11 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 20
Default

Originally Posted by frasini View Post
I just bought my first electric car with a Ni-MH 1800 mAh battery. Does anybody have some good instructions on the charging how long, can I charge teh battery when they are not fully discharged, how long is the charge going to last etc. for this type of battery ??? THANKS
I don't have enough knowledge on cars but i
think charging would consume an hour or more.
Its an electric car and i think it can be charged even
it is not fully discharged.
 
  #9  
Old 12-11-2009, 08:57 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 8
Default

Originally Posted by glenfoxman View Post
Hello friends, i have one C3000 and would like make one question to you,
how can i "make" charging the battery from the service menu dm┐?
in page 2 there are 2 batt options

5. Low Battery
6.Batt Voltage Adjust
6.1 Battery Voltage Adj
6.2 Battery Voltage Check

and a charge option

10. Charge



how can i force batt charging

thanks in advance
_______________________________________
Website I designed for online payday loans canada company.
you better ask the dealer of that battery.
I think they know how to charge those and
look for the manual of that battery upon
purchasing. I think it has.
 
  #10  
Old 01-08-2010, 01:24 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 20
Default yes

Originally Posted by tatateroums View Post
The best I can tell you is when you are searching for the packet, try to do only that while you are searching. Ex. When you want to try to find packet on buying something, start searching, buy it, check the log.

Do that as fast as you can and that is how you can find the packets you want.
Your right but we should consider the quality of the products if we want to purchase new one.

Like last year, i purchase some battery and car lights in a particular car parts dealer and I am very happy cuz until now it functions well.
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Chooka
General Motorcycle Tech
0
07-09-2012 06:39 AM
ethan294
600, 750
0
10-04-2010 06:28 PM
SpecterGT260
Suzuki Cruisers
0
04-18-2008 02:42 PM
spatch359
Boulevard M95, Boulevard M50
2
12-08-2007 01:11 PM
DaveyXXX
GS500F, GSX-R1000, GSX-R750, GSX-R600
5
06-08-2006 12:02 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Correct battery charging ?


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.