General Auto Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

GM Tech2 scanner

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2022, 07:45 AM
Default GM Tech2 scanner

How to use Tech2 scanner? I pulled the engine to have it rebuilt and i reinstalled it. All HVAC systems were working fine before engine was pulled. Evac’d the A/C at that time. After I installed the engine, I Got “Service Vehicle Soon” message but “no items” when I do the “press the trip button when turning on the ignition” process. I had the A/C evac’d again and recharged but still have “A/C off” showing on center display and won’t come on when I press the A/C button. Tried the “pull HVAC Batt” fuse trick, bit nothing. Also cooling fans run constantly on high until you shut off car.

Thanks in Advance!

Last edited by Daysi23mm; 01-17-2023 at 11:20 PM.
Old 01-17-2023, 11:21 PM

Today we share and like we have a hammer 2008. Our problem is that the speed emitter doesn’t change. The mileage does not change. This is the car, as you see here, and the customer said what I get into the car he fixed the leak already and the body control module is behind the cluster here around this area. Here, uh, where I get into it, you cannot program the door lock, unlock and all this stuff he put a new uh body control module from the dealer after he finished program it the miley chair, never change! You see, everything is work, signal, work left right. Everything is working, but the people program, the the body control module using ac delco.GM Tech2 Solve Hummer H3-H2 Mileage Does Not Count After BCM was Change

This is before it changed to tech line, connect tlc and after that it doesn’t change. It doesn’t work, so he said muhammad. Can you please come and check? They say that you need a tech 2 to do it. Maybe they have j2534 and j2534 only to download a software, but there are some stuff that you need to do after you put a new body, control module, so I came in and I take my Tech 2 Scan Tool. This tech 2 is one of the first gm tool, even sap, gm and azusa. Even suzuki. You can get the same tools with the sign here: gm or azizu or suzuki, and so the only thing that it changed. It changed the the card inside here. So you can. You can took that you can take this card out. You see the slot here and you can put um suzuki card sub card, but they all work whether you can have this is as a sub one and you put the gm card, it will work, it’s the same.

Take two: they have this one as a tech. Two, they have tech. One also take two and after take two, this tech two is work up to 2013.. After 2013 they go to gds global diagnostic system, and that were laptop-based system. You can subscribe and have it, but every every month you have to download it into your laptop. There are some stuff that you can do with stack2. Other tool will not be able to do it, this tech 2, is still it work as password device and standalone program like you’re going to connect. It has internet connector. Here you connect it to your laptop, the older this you download the software and also for sub. It have a different different way of working after tech. 2 is working for about from 1998 from the older scars, all the way to 2008 and 9. When the can can system come in to the car to those new cars, they say.

Okay, do we have to get rid of the tech two and we have to to to make another two? They say no, they go and add um the another connector which is they call it khan system. You see candy, they call it candy for the communica. For the car network, this one here they disconnect the obd2. If you see here, they took it out and they bring this piece here in between, because the obd2 was connected there. They took it out the connector and they put this in the middle so that you can work on the new cars. Okay now is work on those cars.

So what you need to do now, I believe they didn’t do after they programmed the take to um the body control module of the car they supposed to do one thing which he means as body control, major setup. How you’re going to do that you’re going to come here and go to diagnose and go down to diagnose and then shoot the car this one here only to one 2013 and down, because new car come with the new technology. All technology will not work in it. So this car is 2008, you cannot, but this one is still also you can. If you have this 2000 still, you can program cars with them, but you only get all the software. If there is any update to fix some cars, you will not. We are now in the presence of technology where cars could be programmed by satellite and all this. So now here is passenger car click. This is uh mbv complete, so you go down to hammer click hammer and this h3. It is 5 gt or adm, I’m not sure, but I’m going to choose one. Now, I’m going to scroll down to body control, module up level, radio yeah, because no navigation system- I will say okay and then continue click here to go continue

this car we’re driven about how many miles still the mile is there, because the bcm is not configured so you’re gonna go down either in the body: control module also, you have to go to some type from the airbag, also to configure the airbag to the bcm or from the body control module. Here you click. Ok, you have two thing to set up there. You go down to bcm setup. First, you see the id information. This is a module id information which here is a part number which everything is good. They built it in 2001 calibration id.

If it already has calibration you see, everything is good, suffix, one, two, three, four five up to ten. Those are the part of the software that is the inside. You see, I will go out and those are the button like a cell phone, so I’m gonna go out here and I will come to module setup here. You go down to setup sdm serial number in the bcm. You must set up that one so you’re gonna come here. He will ask you you’re gonna click. Ok, and now it’s set up a new module. You click on it. It blinking complete, so you’re gonna click exit. The soft button here go back see if there is any diagnosis, trouble code.

Dtc present, maybe for the tire pressure. It’s let me view you say, low tire pressure system sensor not learned. That means those sensors are not learned yet to learn it a minute. A minute, I’m going to try to clear it clear the dtc click. Yes, you see in progress, you see the tire pressure here, but I’m sure it will not go away because of um. The sensor is not learned. Yet that is a different story. You see it’s still there. I’m gonna go back, and here still the sensor load. Air pressure system sounds are not learned, so you need those sensors need to be learned. I’m gonna go back. The the next step to do is to see if we will be able also, if you did a airbag, if you change the airbag control module. You see this this airbag or if you change the bcm also, you need to go back and go to module setup and you’re going to see setup new, sdm setup, sdm part number. If the new sdm, the airbag is already set up, it will tell you by clicking enter if it’s already set up. You say it’s already set up complete. Also, don’t forget to go back and do the setup sdn part number in the bcm, because the bcm is new. You have to register the airbag into it. Then click setup in this corner here and then it will set up this one. Also, for you, that’s good, then click exit. Now, what you’re going to do is very simple.

We have here. The mileage is 83., we’re going gonna drive a little bit and see if it’s gonna change or not. I’m not gonna hold this phone with me, but um. You see here, it’s 83 if you change when good or you can go to the small one. Okay, the trip one chipset, one, eight, ninety nine right, I’m gonna put my seat belt and drive a little bit. I’m holding this one here I am driving now 1899, this is a street here now I didn’t go front a little bit. Let me know okay, I need it to be 1900, I’m okay, so we’re good. Now this is a trip change. So now, what’s gonna happen, I’m going to say 93. Does this change or not? Okay, let me change it to uh demilish. You see a 97 I’m driving now this is the sun. It’s supposed to change if it doesn’t change.

That means something wrong somewhere, so we’re gonna, look at it in a few.

This traffic light is not turning yet. Okay right here, keep driving I’m driving. Now I don’t know how long, but it’s supposed to come when it’s supposed to change. Let me stop 97.. Okay, you see now from 97. It changed to 98, which is not bad. Thank you for watching best car fixes.

Old 04-03-2023, 06:25 AM

GM Tech2 Tech 2 II GM Scanner with CANdi TIS Works for SUZUKI

My question is which OBD2 Tech 2 Scan Tool would you recommend that offers comprehensive GM diagnostics?

Old 04-17-2023, 02:28 AM

GM Tech2 Tech 2 Scanner GM Diagnostic tool with CANdi & TIS2000 For GM/SAAB/OPEL/SUZUKI/ISUZU/Holden .

Tech2 is very great diagnostic tool. It helped me a lot

GM Tech2 Connection with Candi interface Picture:

Old 05-06-2023, 09:43 PM

What Tech 2 to buy?

A great Bluetooth scan tool Tech 2 and scope all in one...it has a guided component tester that shows you how to check sensors, alternator, ignition ...

I'm debating on getting a GM Tech 2 scanner to kind of experiment and learn how things work.

Last edited by Daysi23mm; 05-11-2023 at 09:17 PM.
Old 05-11-2023, 09:17 PM

I bought Tech 2 scanner and it has everything needed and works fine.
Tech2 is very great diagnostic tool.I bought it many times.