General Motorcycle Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

1985 GS 1150

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 03:04 PM
Default 1985 GS 1150

I have this 1150 and I can't seem to get it running. Here are some of the things that happen. The plugs are firing and the carb bowls are getting fuel. Took apart the carbs and cleaned everything except the jets themselves. Seemed pretty clear in there too.....with what we cleaned anyway. I full choke it to start and it cranks, but just catches for a second or two then dies. I tried some starting fluid in each to see if it would run.......it did run it's best when doing this. It ran for a few seconds on that then died.....It seems to me that there is a fuel delivery problem..............any thoughts? I removed the air filter and box so it is getting all the air it needs. I do not think that is an issue. Thanks for any and all responses.

Old 08-09-2021, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by RussellF
I have this 1150 and I can't seem to get it running. Here are some of the things that happen. The plugs are firing and the carb bowls are getting fuel. Took apart the carbs and cleaned everything except the jets themselves. Seemed pretty clear in there too.....with what we cleaned anyway. I full choke it to start and it cranks, but just catches for a second or two then dies. I tried some starting fluid in each to see if it would run.......it did run it's best when doing this. It ran for a few seconds on that then died.....It seems to me that there is a fuel delivery problem..............any thoughts? I removed the air filter and box so it is getting all the air it needs. I do not think that is an issue. Thanks for any and all responses.
mine was doing the same thing.. it was the cdi...