General Motorcycle Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

No Start

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2018, 04:19 PM
Default No Start

Recently got into bikes. Have had my 07 Blvd C50 for about a year now. less than 7k miles. Wife took it out for a cruise, filled the tank up and it died. Had it towed home, figured it was the fuel pump/sludge. Replaced the pump and cleaned the tank out. Still nothing. Noticed a sound that wasnt there when the pump used to prime. Coming from under the tank. It looks like an actuator attached to the throttle body. Pulled the tank off, touched the "Actuator" while turning the fuel switch on and its definitely coming from it. Touch it while you hit the fuel switch and you can feel the whole innards of the part working. Im half decent at working on cars, but bikes are a whole different world to me. However, parts like that arent supposed to make noises or feel that way. Could this be the culprit for the no start? Also cant seem to find the part listed anywhere online...

Any help would be awesome, thanks.

Old 05-28-2020, 01:19 PM
Default Your no start

Your right, the actuator not sold individually, only available when complete throttle body is purchased. The actuator also comes with the throttle body sub sensor. But I found someone on you tube that rebuilds the actuator.

Old 03-10-2021, 09:05 PM
Default No start

I mean no offense at all but does your wife ride bikes regular? If so then this probably doesn’t apply but you have to be careful not to put diesel in one the nozzles are confusing on some of the pumps just saying.Doesn’t make since to put gas in it and it dies with only 7000 miles wow

Old 03-10-2021, 10:03 PM
Default No start

Originally Posted by billdawg38730
I mean no offense at all but does your wife ride bikes regular? If so then this probably doesn’t apply but you have to be careful not to put diesel in one the nozzles are confusing on some of the pumps just saying.Doesn’t make since to put gas in it and it dies with only 7000 miles wow
what does the wife riding a bike have anything to do with this?

Old 03-11-2021, 06:47 AM

[QUOTE=C50 rider 06;19962]what does the wife riding a bike have to do with this

The wrong fuel could cause it to behave like that but I noticed you emptied tank like I said it probably didn’t apply .A guy I know pulled up to pumps and they had switched the handles and accidentally put deisel in his it wouldn’t start he did everything you did it really caused him problems

Old 03-11-2021, 07:33 AM
Default No start

Originally Posted by billdawg38730
[QUOTE=billdawg38730;19963]
Originally Posted by C50 rider 06
what does the wife riding a bike have to do with this

The wrong fuel could cause it to behave like that but I noticed you emptied tank like I said it probably didn’t apply .A guy I know pulled up to pumps and they had switched the handles and accidentally put deisel in his it wouldn’t start he did everything you did it really caused him problems
your feed back on the diesel fuel has nothing to do with my fuel pump nor bike riding. Keep your comments to yourself.