General Motorcycle Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Old girl needs some love. (92gsx750f)

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2019, 02:52 AM
Default Old girl needs some love. (92gsx750f)

Hi guys I'm new to this forum, I've purchased my first Suzuki bike! It's an old 1992 gsx750f as the titles says. I've been trying to find info about various aspects of the bike but my searches only turn up the newer models.

My first thing I'd like to find out is I'm trying to find a slip on exhaust to fit this model but can not for the life of me find anything! Does anyone know any models that share exhausts with my bike? It may turn up some results if I can broaden the search a bit.

Also I have a minor problem with the bike it's only intermittent but worries me at the same time. If the bike has been left for more than a day, when I start it up it sometimes doesn't tick over properly, obviously it's got a choke so i can turn that on and it'll sort itself out after some extra juice. But sometimes I'll drive off and it doesn't make the normal engine noise, until I get the revs up and then it sounds like the engine kicks into life. Almost as if it's not fully kicking in at first at low revs, then all of a sudden all power comes back.

I know it's an old bike so I give her it's dues. But don't want the bike to die on me in the future. A stitch in time saves nine and all that.

I also wonder what the stock settings are for suspension on the handlebar caps. The current position is 2 facing south on both ***** but want to make sure it's correct. I don't know anything about suspension or much about mechanics for that matter so please any wisdom is appreciated.

There will be more questions to come when I think of them.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Cameron Sims; 09-17-2019 at 02:56 AM.
Old 09-30-2019, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Cameron Sims
Hi guys I'm new to this forum, I've purchased my first Suzuki bike! It's an old 1992 gsx750f as the titles says. I've been trying to find info about various aspects of the bike but my searches only turn up the newer models.

My first thing I'd like to find out is I'm trying to find a slip on exhaust to fit this model but can not for the life of me find anything! Does anyone know any models that share exhausts with my bike? It may turn up some results if I can broaden the search a bit.

Also I have a minor problem with the bike it's only intermittent but worries me at the same time. If the bike has been left for more than a day, when I start it up it sometimes doesn't tick over properly, obviously it's got a choke so i can turn that on and it'll sort itself out after some extra juice. But sometimes I'll drive off and it doesn't make the normal engine noise, until I get the revs up and then it sounds like the engine kicks into life. Almost as if it's not fully kicking in at first at low revs, then all of a sudden all power comes back.

I know it's an old bike so I give her it's dues. But don't want the bike to die on me in the future. A stitch in time saves nine and all that.

I also wonder what the stock settings are for suspension on the handlebar caps. The current position is 2 facing south on both ***** but want to make sure it's correct. I don't know anything about suspension or much about mechanics for that matter so please any wisdom is appreciated.

There will be more questions to come when I think of them.

Thanks in advance
Mufflers are welded in pipes, you must cut them off and measure OD of pipe to find proper slipons for it or just weld new mufflers to exhaust pipes.

Have you cleaned carbs? This might be also failure in ignition (coil) or vacuum leak.