New Member Area New to SuzukiForum.com? Stop in tell us about you.

Vitara carby problem in Fiji

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 09:50 PM
Default Vitara carby problem in Fiji

Hi, my name is Ian and am currently living in Fiji. I have recently purchased an oldish vitra 4wd with a G13b engine but it had a problem with the carby when I bought it. Basically it was over fueling and running very rough and on investigation I realised that the float level had been changed to increase the fule level in the float bowl. So I 'adjusted it' by bernding the float and things where better but no power the serious hills we have here. So I bent the float again but in the process lost something from the inside of the carby, not sure what, bu it never worked again.

So I took the next best option and ordered a replacement carby from a wrecker in suva, but when it arrived it was somewhat different to the original. It bolts on OK and I can start the engine but as yet I dont have any electric connected to it. Problem is the new carby has three sets of wires where the old one only had one single wire that went to something that is obviously a solenoid. So I suspect that thisis to do with the idling.

I have a background in electronics so electrical things dont phase me and somehow want to find out what these electrical connections on this carby actually do, then I can easily take it from there.

It isvery hard to find information here in Fiji and hopped I might find someone in a forum who I could send some photos of this carby to, and perhaps they could identify the connections.

So if anyone is able to do that or suggest where to look, then I would be much oblidged.

The new carby was from an engine imported to Fiji from Japan, hence the differences but also hence lack of info since the vitara here has a simpler carby!

TIA, Ian Vincent