Rm 250 Wide open

Old 10-10-2011, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by 40fordpu
So I love to tell people when they are full of it. I am happy....no elated to tell Sandwiches that you were, are, and in my opinion forever.....wrong. Thats right. The bike started up, runs like a champ, and is NOT due to a bad throttle cable. But thanks for trying.

The actual problem was a rusted and stuck solid, exhaust solenoid as well as the actuator rod unattached. (Would not have found that out without taking the motor apart!!!). My father in law and I tested the solenoid, and it failed. We took it apart and found it rusted stuck. We disassembled, cleaned, and reassembled to get it to work. After reinstalling, it worked like it should.

Note to everyone following this. Don't listen to people unless you examine it first yourself. Now my motor is clean and I, yes inexperienced, found the problem first hand. While I might be an amateur, I saved a ton of money. I saved even more because I didnt have to buy a throttle cable. LOL
full of it, i dont think so. based on what you said, the first choice should have been throttle cable because they do go bad from sitting. i asked you to check the throttle to see if there is some back and forth play in it. you responded with i dont think thats the preblem instead of just checking it and posting your result. if you would have said yes there is play in it, i would have said ok then its not the cable and would have stopped posting in this thread about the throttle cable. also based on the pictures you posted also didnt show any problems. yes i was WRONG about the throttle cable but with what your problems were are EXACTLY the same symptoms of a bad throttle cable. i tried to help best i could, but with a vague diagnosis by someone who admittedly doesn't know crap about 2 strokes kind of hard to be spot on with a correct solution. honestly tho i never would have been able to tell you what the problem was without sticking my face in there and seeing the rusted out part. good job though on fixing it. did you put in a new piston while you had it apart? and did you replace the correct gasket so that part doesn't just rust again.

note to everyone following this thread: dont waste your time posting in a thread in a thread if your not even going to listen. especially if the task is as simple as wiggling the throttle to eliminate choice one the throttle cable.

and p.s. 40fordpu you saved 10 dollars on not buying a new throttle cable.

Last edited by Sandwiches; 10-11-2011 at 12:02 AM.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:40 PM
Default Power valve assembly

Hello all, I know I should have created a new thread but for the life of me I couldn't figure out HOW! I am seeking advice on the assembly of a 98 rmx power valve.. I have the bike torn down to frame and is just about ready for reassembly.. While Cleaning the engine and replacing top end I noticed the powervalve had a clip just floating around.. After looking in the manual it shows the clip, one spring and a screw holding it down.. I have no spring, the spring goes into a 3/16 to 1/4" hole and looks to be about an inch long in the repair manual.. The manual goes into no detail about how it is assembled and since I didn't take it apart or have another one i have no idea how it goes back together.

My main question is.... Is there one spring or two springs? there is two holes, a retaining clip with two identical ends on them, yet the manual only one spring?? Just want to confirm that a spring goes into each hole so I can order them.. Thanks in andvance and sorry for the mispost..

I posted a pic.. The spring is #10 Retaining clip #4 The whereabouts of the missing parts (springs and screw) is what scares me most! Although the bike ran great.

Attached Thumbnails Rm 250 Wide open-motocross_-rm_rm-z_tm-_rmx250w-1997-1998_2.jpg  
Old 08-30-2012, 11:05 AM
Default Why is my bike running wide open?

bought bike that wasnt running,(1992 rm 250) i cleaned the carb, now it will start but only with the choke on, and when it starts the bike runs wide open
need to know what size the carb is on it so i can buy a new on if thats the problem

any suggestions

Old 09-01-2012, 12:44 PM

Its wonderful..really your thread is really very good and I appreciate it. You gave so nice info which is very well and amazing. I really impressed by your thread.

Old 09-02-2012, 04:04 PM
Angry mew to this please help? :)

Hello guys dont no how to start new thread so sorry lol, here goes ive got a 1989 rmx 250 (stator recently went bad) so ordered a nice 1989 rm 250 stator fitted perfect but had to order rm 250 flywheel as well but the problem i have is the rm 250 flywheel doesnt fit on the crank? There both the same year so thought it would go straight on anything i can do or will i have to get the flywheel machined out? Someone help please?!

Old 09-27-2012, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by 40fordpu
So I love to tell people when they are full of it. I am happy....no elated to tell Sandwiches that you were, are, and in my opinion forever.....wrong. Thats right. The bike started up, runs like a champ, and is NOT due to a bad throttle cable. But thanks for trying.

The actual problem was a rusted and stuck solid, exhaust solenoid as well as the actuator rod unattached. (Would not have found that out without taking the motor apart!!!). My father in law and I tested the solenoid, and it failed. We took it apart and found it rusted stuck. We disassembled, cleaned, and reassembled to get it to work. After reinstalling, it worked like it should.

Note to everyone following this. Don't listen to people unless you examine it first yourself. Now my motor is clean and I, yes inexperienced, found the problem first hand. While I might be an amateur, I saved a ton of money. I saved even more because I didnt have to buy a throttle cable. LOL

So can you give details on how you solved the problem and what is exhaust solenoid

Old 09-27-2012, 08:49 PM
Default help

Can anyone tell me the quality of products in this site obdchina.com,compare with other sites i found that the Digiprog III Digiprog 3 Odometer Programmer with Full Software is cheapest ,because these days the site engage in activities Promotions.

Old 10-04-2012, 04:08 AM

Really your post is really very good and I appreciate it. You write very well which is amazing. I really impressed by your thread.

Last edited by sherly004; 10-09-2012 at 03:02 PM.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:14 PM
Default well

As I website possessor I believe the content material here is rattling great , appreciate it for your efforts. You should keep it up forever! Good Luck.Detroit Lions Jersey

Old 10-09-2012, 12:23 PM

Why is my bike running wide open?
bought bike that wasnt running,(1992 rm 250) i cleaned the carb, now it will start but only with the choke on, and when it starts the bike runs wide open
need to know what size the carb is on it so i can buy a new on if thats the problem

any suggestions

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rm 250 Wide open