Forgot my Windows 7 password

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 02:40 AM
Default Forgot my Windows 7 password

Forgot my Windows 7 password.?
The desktop is a family computer, my mom made a password months ago and forgot what it was. We can't download anything. If there is any free way I can recover the password please let me know.

I got suggestions from some of my friends that they always do when forgot Windows 7 password.

A. Try various possible passwords, such as my birthday, mother's name, my pets name if I got a dog, etc.

B. Change password via command prompt. But I just have that one account - administrator!

C. Reset forgotten Win7 password with Windows Password Recovery Tool. It is a powerful password recovery utility that you write to a disk, and then boot your computer with. Just follow the steps below:
Step 1. Logon a pc that you can download something. Download Windows Password Recovery Tool Professional, install it with several clicks and then run it.
Step 2. Burn a Windows 7 password reset disk with a blank CD/DVD or USB Flash Drive. A USB Flash Drive will be better if the locked Win 7 pc with the driver.
Step 3. Connect the burned Win 7 password reset disk with the locked Win 7 computer, Press DELETE, F1, F2, F10, F12 or Alt+S (choose one or combined key that screen may display a sentence while computer starts), then set bios to boot pc from USB Flash Drive, restart pc and there will load software program.
Step 4. Choose the user account that you need reset the unknown logon password, click "reset" button to begin password reset.
Step 5. A message box will pop up, just click "Yes", then the login password will be reset a new one.
Step 6. Shift out this Windows 7 password reset disk, restart PC with logon password problem. Now you will successfully logon Windows 7 without password.

So, the method C helps reset forgotten Win7 password safely and quickly! Next time, the disk will still work if forgot password for Windows 7!

Also, share method D to all Windows 7 OS users:

D. Create a password reset disk before we forgot Windows 7 password:
Step 1. Connect a blank USB flash drive with your unlocked computer.
Step 2. Click your user account icon on the Start menu and select "Create a password reset disk" when User Accounts dialog box displays.
Step 3. Input: password reset disk the three words in the Search box. When the "Forgotten Password Wizard" appears, click "Next".
Step 4. Select your USB flash drive and click "Next" to enter current password.
Step 5. When the wizards finish creating Windows 7 password reset disk, the file named userkey.psw will be in your USB.

Keep the method, believe it will help you one day when forgot password for Windows 7!