Suzuki XL-7 vs Scion xB vs forrester

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 07:29 PM
Default Suzuki XL-7 vs Scion xB vs forrester

I have just retired along with my wife, and we are looking for a smaller type of SUV that is roomy and has good handle. All the reviews my wife and I have been reading about the XL-7 have all been good. We are also interested in the Forrester and Scion xB Would be great if we got some opinions on some expert scion xBs. Here is a link to the exact cars we've narrowed our search down to.

Old 06-17-2008, 09:08 AM
Default RE: Suzuki XL-7 vs Scion xB vs forrester

I am on my second Suzuki and so far am totally happy. The first one was used and we drove it for three years and the only thing I had to do besides routine oil changes was a new set of spark plugs. We now have 9000 miles on a GV Luxury and it has not been back to the shop once for anything. Suzuki is probably one of the most underrated vehicles on the market. They are compact, reliable and economical to buy and operate. They may not get the best fuel economy, but that to me is only one aspect of ownership. Personally I think the Scion has to be one of the ugliest lines of cars on the road. The newest design Subaru Forrester is nice from the ads I have seen, but they have too liberal a feel for me. Subaru is very popular in two regions of the country, The NE and pacific NW both areas bastions of enviromental liberalism. No thanks.

Old 12-21-2009, 07:55 PM

im a long time user of the scion xb..and im very satisfied with it..

Old 01-19-2019, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by donn
I am on my second Suzuki and so far am totally happy. The first one was used and we drove it for three years and the only thing I had to do besides routine oil changes was a new set of spark plugs. We now have 9000 miles on a GV Luxury and it has not been back to the shop once for anything. Suzuki is probably one of the most underrated vehicles on the market. They are compact, reliable and economical to buy and operate. They may not get the best fuel economy, but that to me is only one aspect of ownership. Personally I think the Scion has to be one of the ugliest lines of cars on the road. The newest design Subaru Forrester is nice from the ads I have seen, but they have too liberal a feel for me. Subaru is very popular in two regions of the country, The NE and pacific NW both areas bastions of enviromental liberalism. No thanks.

I second this I have an 02 GV xl-7 I love it. Now the funny part of this is some forrester's parts actually cross reference with gv xl-7s